Outsourcing / insourcing Logistics services
Whether to outsource any logistics functions to an external 3rd party logistics service provider (3PL) is an important decision for a business to make.
As is the reverse, ie take back in-house logistics functions that were previously performed by a 3PL (ie insourcing).
SCSA provides expert support to clients to manage their way through this process, in the following areas:
- High-level strategic review of the logistics functions and services, as part of the due diligence and to inform any business case for change
- Preparation of scope of work specifications, service level standards, and KPI’s
- Preparation of approach-to-market documentation (RFQ, RFP) – for outsourcing
- Technical and commercial evaluation of supplier submissions – for outsourcing
- Support in the identification, specification and development of in-house capability to perform the functions – for insourcing